Students can Download History Chapter 5 Social and Religious Reformation Movements Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Social Science Solutions helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 Social Science History Chapter 5 Social and Religious Reformation Movements
Class 10 Social Science Social and Religious Reformation Movements Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable answers :
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Question 1.
The nineteenth century is called the period of ………..
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Notes Question 2.
Raj Ram Mohan Roy started …………. periodical.
Social And Religious Reform Movement Notes Question 3.
The founder of Prarthana Samaj is …………
Social And Religious Reformation Movements Notes Question 4.
The Young Bengal Movement was started by ………..
Henry Louis Vivian Derozio
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Notes Pdf Question 5.
The Guru of Swami Vivekananda was …………
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Notes Question 6.
The Anglo-Oriental College was established at ………….
II. Discuss in groups and answer the following questions :
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Question Answer Question 1.
What are the preaching of the Brahma Samaj?
The preachings of Brahmo Samaj are :
- Opposing idol worship.
- Opposing exploitation of women.
- Supporting the prohibition of Sati.
- encouraging monotheism.
- opposing priestly class.
- Condemning performance.
- Condemning performance of Yagas and rituals etc.
Social And Religious Reform Movements Notes Question 2.
Discuss the declaration of Dayananda Saraswathi’s ‘Back to Vedas’.
- He realized that the remedies to the various maladies of India are present in Vedas.
- One should study Vedas and other ancient sacred texts and preach them.
- The existence of caste and superstitions had pushed people towards other religions.
- Hence, he declared ‘Back to Vedas’. He was more of a renaissance person than a reformation person.
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Answers Question 3.
Discuss the reformation advocated by Sathyashodak Samaj.
The reforms propagated by Satya Shodak Samaj are:
- The Samaj propagated that freedom was the basic necessity of every individual and no individual could express his ideas if he did not have freedom.
- It urged for the prohibition of liquor.
- It opposed gender inequality denial of human rights.
- It opposed the exploitation of people.
- It opposed the practice of untouchability.
- It started the movement of social justice.
- It advocated free and compulsory education in order to bring about reform in the social system.
- Phule condemned slavery.
- He gave stress on girls’ education. Therefore he started a school for girls.
Social And Religious Reform Movement Question And Answer Question 4.
Discuss the aims of Aligarh Movement.
The Aligarh Movement was started under the leadership of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan. The objectives of the Movement are:
- Syed Ahmad Khan said without an open mind, any social and intellectual development is impossible.
- He did not support the purdah system for Muslim woman.
- He did not accept polygamy. All these aspects were part of his struggles. In order to implement his ideals into practise.
- He founded Mohammadan Anglo-Oriental College in Aligarh in 1875.
- He utilized this institution to spread western scientific and cultural ideas.
- This institution later became Aligarh Muslim university.
- Syed Ahmad Khan preached religion tolerance.
- He thrived for unity among Hindus and Muslims.
Social And Religious Reform Questions And Answers Question 5.
Explain the views of Ramakrishna Mission.
Ramakrishna Mission was founded by Swami Vivekananda. The vision of the mission is the loving life and the significance of the individual, his presence and ability. Social service is necessaiy for achievement of salvation (moksha). The vision of mission is also nurturing culture through education and social service. Tolerance of all religions and maintaining all religions as truth is the vision of this mission.
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Textbook Question 6.
Explain how Swami Vivekananda was a source of inspiration for youngsters?
Swami Vivekananda was a revolutionary monk. He opened the eyes of the Indians towards the importance of loving life. He stressed the significance of the individual, his presence, and his ability. He gave importance to social service, which is necessary for the achievement of salvation (moksha). Gandhiji and many national leaders were inspired by his philosophy. He emphasized nation and religion like the two faces of a coin.
In 1893 at the Chicago Conference of World Religions, Vivekananda upheld the greatness of Indian by advocating tolerance of all religions and maintaining that all religions are true. He introduced Indian culture to the world. Really such a great personality, the revolutionary monk is a great inspiration to the youth of India.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Question 7.
What were the reformation activities of Annie Besant?
The reformations brought by Annie Besant are:
- She aroused pride in Indian culture through her lectures.
- She attempted to establish equality, universal brotherhood and harmony in society.
- She gave full support to Indian struggle for freedom. As a token of this, she started Home Rule Movement in 1916.
- She contributed immensely to Indian philosophy and freedom struggle.
Social And Religious Reform Movements 10th Class Pdf Question 8.
Explain the contributions of Sri Narayana Dharma Paripalana Yogam.
Sri Narayana Guru (1854-1928) started the reformation movement in 1903. This started Elavu of Kerala. This movement aimed at strengthening the backward and exploited communities. The caste differences were too much in Kerala and there were many prohibitions in place. During that period, all were not allowed to use facilities like tanks and roads. They were barred from wearing footwear. Restrictions were there on women’s dress also. These communities had to live without basic human rights. In order to address this issue, Sri Narayana Guru started the Dharma Paripalana Yogam movement. One Caste, One Religion and One God for human beings was the basic idea of Sri Narayana Guru. Education is the only path to achieve this he declared. He built temples for the backward communities as they were denied entry into temples.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Question 9.
Make a list of main aspects of the Periyar Movement.
The non-Brahmin movement took a new shape under the Justice Party. This became more radical. ‘Self-Respect Movement’ led by E.V. Ramaswami Naicker became a new force. Ramaswamy who came out of Congress in 1925, started Self Respect League in 1926. He was called Periyar (Senior Person) out of love by people.
Periyar was born in Erode to a rich family. He believed that Congress is in favour of Varna system and started a new movement-based Dravida Racial identity. He rejected the racial supremacy in the name Aiya and Brahmin.
He said Tamil is language of Dravidians. He opposed Sanskrit language and literature. He also rejected Rama as the Vedic leader and accepted Ravana as the Dravidian leader. Angered by a bad experience at Banaras, he converted Sanskrit, Rama and Ravana as cultural ideals and patronized Ravana.
He championed equality and criticized caste and gender based discrimination. He participated in temple entry movement held at Vaikom of Kerala. He became the president of Justice Party in 1939.
He started an association called “Dravida Kalagam’. He also started Justice Periodical. The ideological Non-Brahminical movement started by Ayonthidas and T.M.Nayar was turned into a cultural movement by Periyar. His life goal was to establish an equal society where there will be no inequality based on caste, religion and gender.
Class 10 Social Science Social and Religious Reformation Movements Additional Questions and Answers
KSEEB Solutions 10 Social Question 1.
Raja Ram Mohan Roy even learned ………. and ………. to read Bible in its original form.
10th Class Social 5th Lesson Questions And Answers Question 2.
……….were started to protect cows.
Cow Protection Associations
10th Standard Social Science Textbook Karnataka Pdf Part 1 Question 3.
……….. was one of the important programmes of Arya Samaj.
10th Std Social Science Notes Question 4.
The wife’s name of Jyothiba Phule was …………
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science In Kannada Question 5.
Ramakrishna Paramahamsa was a worshipper of ……………
State Syllabus Class 10 Social Science Notes Pdf Question 6.
Swami Vivekananda attracted the attention of the listeners while speaking at held at ……….. Paris.
10th Standard Social Notes Question 7.
One Caste, One Religion and One God for human beings was the basic idea of ………..
Sri Narayana Guru
10th Social Science Solutions Question 8.
Annie Besant translated ……….. to English.
Periyar started ………….
Dayananda Saraswathi declared ………….
‘Back to Vedas’.
We hope the KSEEB SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 5 Social and Religious Reformation Movements help you. If you have any query regarding Karnataka SSLC Class 10 History Solutions Chapter 5 Social and Religious Reformation Movements, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.