Are you searching for the Karnataka 1st PUC English Chapter Wise Solutions PDF? Then, get your Karnataka 1st PUC Chapter Wise Solutions PDF for free on our website. Every concept of KTBS 1st PUC English Grammar Notes Correction of Sentences Questions and Answers, Notes, Summary PDF is explained clearly in an understandable way. Immediately start your learning by downloading Karnataka 1st PUC English Textbook Answers Reflections Grammar Notes Correction of Sentences PDF. Make sure to answer all the Karnataka 1st PUC Questions on your own then look for our explanations to make it more easy. We have included all the topics and subtopics to help students for better learning. Best learning comes when you practice with Karnataka Board Solutions for 1st PUC English Grammar.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Grammar Notes Correction of Sentences
1. My friend is a honest man.
2. A Ganga is a holy fiver.
3. He hit upon a idea of enlisting the help of his colleagues.
4. He is elected as a MLA.
5. Once upon a time a elephant made a friendship with a man.
6. He asked me for an sum of money.
7. Rohan was an first to arrive.
8. Honesty is a best policy.
9. I met a elderly gentleman on the street.
10. He is an curator of the museum.
11. A more the merrier.
12. The sugar is bad for your teeth.
13. Eggs are sold by an dozen.
14. He plays guitar so well.
15. I know a French.
16. The Delhi is our nation’s capital.
17. He was elected the chairman of the group.
18. This is an least of his concerns.
19. I prefer to travel by the plane.
20. He told me a interesting story.
21. The children like to play.
22. Pride has the fall.
23. I saw the drama in a auditorium.
24. He studies at an university.
25. She asked if I would be there in a hour.
- My friend is an honest man.
- The Ganga is a holy river.
- He hit upon the idea of enlisting the help of his colleagues.
- He is elected as an MLA.
- Once upon a time an elephant made friendship with a man.
- He asked me for a sum of money.
- Rohan was the first to arrive.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- I met an elderly gentleman on the street.
- He is a curator of the museum.
- The more the merrier.
- Sugar is bad for your health.
- Eggs are sold by the dozen.
- He plays the guitar so well.
- I know French.
- Delhi is our nation’s capital.
- He was elected chairman of the group.
- This is the least of his concerns.
- I prefer to travel by plane.
- He told me an interesting story.
- Children like to play.
- Pride has a fall.
- I saw the drama in an auditorium.
- He studies at a university.
- She asked if I would be there in an hour.
1. I had to reach the station at 10-00 a.m.
2. I prefer coffee more than tea.
3. He shot for the tiger but missed.
4. He accompanied with his friends.
5. We walked ten kms by foot.
6. I am blessed by good health.
7. Mr. Kumar presided in the meeting.
8. Can you think with anyone who can get the job done?
9. The baby was dressed with blue.
10. You must stand with me in times of difficulties.
11. He confessed about the crime.
12. If you do not show it for me, I will shoot you down.
13. The course begins from 1 July.
14. Why don’t you write with ink?
15. Do not be rude with people.
16. She is married with her cousin.
17. The man on seeing what his frIend had done with him started to grumble.
18. She was cured from typhoid.
19. We may have to put up with many inconveniences in our journey towards our destination.
20. The cashier was accused for misappropriation of funds.
21. The management arrived for a decision.
22. The train went on a tunnel.
23. We congratulate you for your success.
24. He is walking on the road to Banga lore.
25. The athletes ran up the hurdles.
26. He goes for college.
27. We regret for the delay caused.
28. He has been waiting since a long time.
29. He is superior than me.
30. The train arrived in time.
31. We need not spend money for trifles.
32. He will be cured from his fever.
33. This is different to that.
- l had to reach the station by 10-00 am. (The original sentence, ‘I had to reach the station at 10-00 am.’ too has no error. However, instead of being specific and saying ‘at 10:00 am’, it is better to say by 10-00 am.)
- I prefer coffee to tea.
- He shot at the tiger, but missed.
- He accompanied his friends.
- We walked ten kms on foot.
- I am blessed with good health.
- Mr. Kumar presided over the meeting.
- Can you think of anyone who can get the job done?
- The baby was dressed in blue.
- You must stand by me in times of difficulties.
- He confessed the crime. OR He confessed to the crime.
- If you do not show it to me, I will shoot you down.
- The course begins on 1st July.
- Why don’t you write in ink?
- Do not be rude to people.
- She is married to her cousin.
- The man on seeing what his friend had done to him started to grumble.
- She was cured of typhoid.
- We may have to put up with many inconveniences In our journey towards our destination.
- The cashier was accused of misappropriation of funds.
- The management arrived at a decision.
- The train went through a tunnel.
- We congratulate you on your success.
- He is walking along the road to Bangalore.
- The athletes ran over the hurdles.
- He goes to college.
- We regret the delay caused.
- He has been waiting for a long time.
- He is superior to me.
- The train arrived on time.
- We need not spend money on trifles.
- He will be cured of his fever.
- This is different from that.
1. I am knowing your brother.
2. I am liking it.
3. He has took my books.
4. You resembled your mother.
5. Fortune is favouring the brave.
6. I am forgetting your name.
7. People have the luxury to be saying what they want.
8. When is the train arriving?
9. I am having a sweet tooth.
10. If you would have practiced regularly, you would have won the match.
11. These boxes are weighing thirty tonnes.
12. You are looking gorgeous in this dress
13. She has ate the apple.
14. Can’t you delay to release the manifesto to the public?
15. He takes bath.
16. Geetha did not went to college today.
17. He is wanting to return to his motherland.
18. Neither he is coming nor is he writing.
19. He did decided to settle down.
20. I am thinking he is right.
21. He is. owning many houses.
22. Ravi did not went to the opera today.
23. Youngsters are liking spicy food.
24. I am taking a walk after dinner.
25. Scientists are predicting that fossil fuels wIN be eliminated In the future.
- I know your brother.
- I like it.
- He has taken my books.
- You resemble your mother. (Please note that In specific contexts, even ‘resembled’ would be right. For example, if the speaker wants to refer to a past frame of time, he may use resembled’. For example, ‘I am talking about how you looked ten years ago. You resembled your mother.)
- Fortune favours the brave.
- I have forgotten your name.
- People have the luxury to say what they want.
- When will the train arrive?
- I have a sweet tooth.
- If you had practised regularly, you would have won the match.
- These boxes weigh thirty tonnes.
- You look gorgeous in this dress.
- She has eaten the apple.
- Can’t you delay releasing the manifesto to the public? (Please note that In this case delay is the verb and not releasing.)
- He is taking a bath.
- Geetha did not go to college today.
- He wants to return to his motherland,
- He neither comes nor writes. OR Neither does he come nor does he write. (The second sentence is an example of a rhetorical sentence.)
- He decided to settle down. OR He did decide to settle down. (The second sentence is an example of an emphatic sentence.)
- I think he is right.
- He owns many houses.
- Ravi did not go to the opera today.
- Youngsters like spicy food.
- I will take a walk after dinner.
- Scientists have predicted that fossil fuels will be eliminated in the future.
1. Every room in this college are neat and clean.
2. A flock of birds are flying overhead,
3. The team have come prepared.
4. Slow and steady win the race.
5. Ten kilometers are a short distance.
6. Information are helpful.
7. The horse and carnage are at the door.
8. The news are interesting.
9. Bread and butter are his only food.
10. My pair of shoes are missing.
11. My shoes is torn.
12. To err are human.
13. Dieting are bad for health.
14. The committee have submitted Its report.
15. The jury is divided In their opinion.
16, The furniture were arranged.
17. The doctor and philanthropist have arrived.
18. Half of the oranges is rotten.
19. India and Bangladesh is neighbours.
20. Neither the boy nor his parents has come.
21. The Chief Minister together with his colleagues have arrived.
22. The poor is blessed.
23. Mathematics are an Interesting subject.
24. ‘Gulllver’s Travels’ are an Interesting book.
25. The mob were furious.
26. The clergy Is in the church.
27. The cattle is grazing.
28. Fifty percent of the work have been completed.
29. Some of the houses is painted green.
30. A great many cases has been uncovered.
31. Too many cooks spoils the broth.
32. The squeaky wheel get the grease.
33. The scissors are sharp.
34. The premises of the court are clean.
35. Where are my trousers?
36. He bring glad tidings.
37. His means is ample.
38. Poetry enlighten a wounded heart.
39. The number of cases are on the rise.
40. You, my son, Is a good boy.
- Every room in this college is neat and clean.
- A flock of birds is flying overhead.
- The team has come prepared.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Ten kilometres is a short distance.
- The information is helpful.
- The horse and carriage is at the door.
- The news is Interesting.
- Bread and butter Is his only food.
- My pair of shoes Is missing.
- My shoes are torn.
- To err is human.
- Dieting ¡s bad for health.
- The committee has submitted its report.
- The jury are divided in their opinion.
- The furniture was arranged.
- The doctor and philanthropist has arrived.
- Hall of the oranges are rotten.
- india and Bangladesh are neighbours.
- Neither the buy nor his parents have come.
- The Chief Minister together with his colleagues has arrived.
- The poor are blessed.
- Mathematics is an interesting subject.
- Guiiver’s Travels is an Interesting book.
- The mob was furious.
- The clergy are in the church.
- The cattle are grazing.
- Fifty percent of the work has been completed.
- Some of the houses are painted green.
- A greal many cases have been Uncovered,
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
- The scissors are sharp. (Please note that there is no mistake in this sentence. Only when we use the phrase ‘A pair of scissors’ or ‘The pair of scissors’, we write, ‘A pair/The pair of scissors is sharp:)
- The premises of the court are clean. (Please note that there is no mistake In this sentence.)
- Where are my trousers (No mistake. Same as Q. 33 above.)
- He brings glad tidings.
- His means are ample.
- Poetry enlightens a wounded heart.
- The number of cases is on the rise.
- You, my son, are a good boy.
1. I get up at 5 a.m. in the morning.
2. He is the most expert.
3. The companies decided to merge together.
4. We must rise up to the occasion.
5. One can obtain examples from past history.
6. She herself was upset at the outcome.
7. (‘II do It myself.
8. He is my most best friend.
9. The shop remains open on seven days of the week and on Sundays too.
10. Bring both your parents to school and your father.
11. I have managed to obtain the original prototype.
12. There are earlier precedents to the case.
13. He decided to still continue the fight.
14. This is the very best.
15. A dog is a man’s best friend.
16. Both his father as well as his mother are respected members of the society.
17. United together we stand, divided we fall.
18. They decided to rise up in revolt.
19. The Indian team returned back from Australia.
20. In my opinion, I think It Is wrong.
21. The cash you gave me Is sufficient enough.
22. He is a very wonderful friend.
23. He could not cope up with the work.
24. He goes to bed at 11 p.m. in night.
25. You will be prosecuted if you trespass without permission.
- I get up at 5 a.m. OR I get up at 5 in the morning.
- He is an expert.
- The companies decided to merge.
- We must rise to the occasion.
- One can obtain examples from history.
- She was upset at the outcome.
- I’ll do it.
(If we want the sentence to be emphatic, we would write, ‘I myself will do it)
- He is my best friend.
- The shop remains open on all days of the week.
- Bring your parents to school.
- I have managed to obtain the prototype.
- There are precedents to the case.
- He decided to continue the fight.
- This is the best.
- A dog Is man’s best friend.
- Both his father and his mother are respected members of society.
- United we stand, divided we fall.
- They decided to rise in revolt.
- The Indian team returned from Australia.
- I think it is wrong. OR In my opinion, it is wrong.
- The cash you gave me Is sufficient.
- He is a wonderful friend.
- He could not cope with the work.
- He goes to bed at 11 p.m. OR He goes to bed at 11 in the night.
- You will be prosecuted, if you trespass.
Wrong use of Words
1. My father adviced me.
2. The shop sells wooden furnitures.
3. The outcome did not effect him.
4. I bought the pen in a stationary shop.
5 The chief guest complemented the prize winners.
6. The committee gave its assent to the draft resolution.
7. He gave up his birth to an old lady in the train.
8. Black current Is a nutritious food source.
9. He agreed to take up the responsibility in difference to his father’s wishes.
10. I saw beautiful sceneries.
11. They decided to bath the child.
12. He decided to have some desert after dinner,
13. A wide agreement has been reached.
14. When he comes you must wish him.
15. There is no space in this compartment.
16. He is my cousin brother.
17. This is the price of production.
18. He did no fault.
19. Man is the only animal who can talk.
20. He is suffering from a terminal disease.
21. They arrived to pay floral tribute to the diseased.
22. They decided to steal the bank,
23. It was a worthy spectacles.
24. He is very arrogant and puts on air.
25. I sleep at 11 p.m..
26. This is between you and I.
27. The price of sea fishes has gone up.
28. He obtained the first price.
29. I saw a joker at the circus.
30. He refuses to hear.
31. We have received no informations.
32. She is my fiance.
33. He dies every week.
34. He seeks my council.
35. This is no mean feet.
36. Knowing the rode ahead is better than knowing who road ahead.
37. The dress was torn at the seem.
38. He fell fowl of his master,
39. She Is the heroin of the film.
40. He pedals his wares.
41. It is nun of your business.
42. He ¡s not good at this as it is not his fort.
43. The accused decided to altar his statement.
44. She has a flare with words.
45. He struck an emotional chord with the audience.
46. The election commission announced the dates for the poles.
47. l-le was elected as President of the group.
48. He likes hot hot coffee.
49. The exams were preponed.
50. He was given a momento.
51. The Manager was dismissed on ground of incompetence.
52. This is his favourite time pass.
53. Mr. Rao is an Imminent scientist.
54. He immigrated (rom Cuba to the USA.
55. He is suffering from stonach pain.
56. India has achieved self-sufficiency of serials in food production.
57. The children created a huge racket.
58. Kindly provide two xerox’s of this document.
59. The shepherd sheers the sheep for wool.
60. This is damn good.
61. He is one of my best friend.
62. One should be careful with his money while travelling.
63. Between you and I, neither of us is appropriate.
64. This is the right way to access your employees.
65. We must rice to the occasion.
66. He is the cleverest of the two.
67. Please put your sign here.
68. He works hardly.
69. None of the boys had learnt their lesson.
70. The ship drowned.
- My father advised me.
- The shop sells wooden furniture.
- The outcome did not affect him.
- I bought the pen in a stationery shop.
- The chief guest complimented the prize winners.
- The committee gave its assent to the draft resolution.
- He gave up his berth to an old lady in the train.
- Black currant is a nutritious food source.
- He agreed to take up the responsibility in deference to his father’s wishes.
- I saw beautiful scenery.
- They decided to bathe the child.
- He decided to have some dessert after dinner.
- A broad agreement has been reached.
- When he arrives, you must greet him.
- There is no room in this compartment.
- He is my cousin.
- This is the cost of production.
- He did no wrong.
- Man is the only animal that can talk.
- He ‘s offering from a terminal illness.
- They arrived to pay floral tribute to the deceased.
- They decided to rob the bank.
- It was a worthy spectacle.
- He is very arrogant and puts on airs.
- I go to bed at 11 p.m.
- This is between you and me.
- The price of sea fish has gone up.
- He obtained the first prize.
- I saw a clown at the circus.
- He refuses to listen.
- We have received no information.
- She is my fiancée.
- He dyes every week.
- He seeks my counsel.
- This is no mean feat.
- knowing the road ahead is better than knowing who rode ahead.
- The dress was torn at the seams.
- He fell afoul/foul of his master.
- She is the heroine of the film.
- He peddles his wares.
- It is none of your business.
- He is not good at this as this is not his forte.
- The accused decided to alter his statement.
- She has a flair for words. (Please note that we write ‘flair for’ and not ‘flair with’.)
- He struck a chord with the audience.
- The election commission announced the dates for the polls.
- He was appointed President of the group.
- He likes very hot coffee. OR He likes boiling hot coffee.
- The exams were advanced/brought forward, (Please note that Oxford Dictionary has now Included ‘prepone’ as a legitimate word.)
- He was given a memento.
- The Manager was dismissed on the grounds of incompetence.
- This is his favourite pastime.
- Mr. Rae is an eminent scientist.
- He emigrated from Cuba to the USA.
- He is suffering from stomach ache.
- India has achieved the self-sufficiency of cereals in food production.
- The children made a huge racket.
- kindly provide two photocopies of this document.
- The shepherd shears the sheep for wool.
- This is very good.
- He is one of my best friends.
- One should be careful with one’s money while travelling.
- Between you and me, neither is appropriate.
- This is the right way to assess your employees.
- We must rise to the occasion.
- He is the cleverer of the two.
- Please sign here. OR Please put your signature here.
- He works hard. OR He hardly works. (The meaning in the two sentences is different. In fact, the meaning in the first is opposite to that of the second. In the first, it means hard work. In the second it means doing almost no work.)
- None of the boys had learnt their lesson. (Please note that this sentence can be taken as the correct sentence. However, we can also write, ‘None of the boys had learned their lesson.’ Also, we can take none as singular and write, ‘None of the boys had learnt/learned his lesson.)
- The ship sank.
1. Why you are late?
2. When you did come?
3. Why you didn’t come?
4. He went to the village to sell his property along with his wife.
5. She has been waiting for him still.
6. Still he is unable to decide.
7. He only lost his wallet.
8. The two first members of the group are active participants.
9. The boy is my son who spoke first In the competition.
10. You should regularly study if you wish to do well in the exams.
11. Daily you must plan your routine
12. When you decide to did come?
13. She did in the competition very well held last week.
14. He Is late always for class.
15. Shimoga is my hometown.
16. I believed firmly in his innocence.
17. Yet nothing has been decided as.
18. Always children like to play.
19. The thieves were arrested by the police carrying the contraband.
20. The Manager after hearing the opinion of his adviser came to a conclusion.
21. Seldom, he takes any chances.
22. You are invited to the party cordially.
23. The meeting is scheduled to be conducted on the 14th of November 2017 on Thursday at 2 o’clock.
24. Every man should do some or other work.
- Why are you late?
- When did you come?
- Why didn’t you come?
- He along with his wife went to the village to sell his property.
- She has still been waiting for him.
- He is still unable to decide.
- He lost only his wallet.
- First two members of the group are active participants.
- The boy who spoke first in the competit$on is my son.
- You should study regularly If you wish to do well in the exams.
- You must plan your daily routine.
- When did you decide to come?
- She did very well in the competition held last week.
- He is always late for class.
- Shimoga is my hometown. (No error. We can also write ‘My hometown is Shimoga.’)
- I firmly believed ¡n his Innocence.
- Nothing has been decided as yet.
- Children always like to play.
- The thieves carrying the contraband were arrested by the police.
- The manager came to a conclusion after hearing the opinion of his advisor.
After hearing the opinion of his advisor, the manager came to a conclusion.
- He seldom takes any chances. (It is better to write, ‘Seldom does he take any chances,’ because it is a rhetorical expression.)
- You are cordially invited to the party.
- The meeting is scheduled to be conducted at 2 o’clock on Thursday, 14th of November 2017.
- Every man should do some or the other work.
Hope you love the Karnataka 1st PUC English Chapter Wise Material. Clearly understand the deep concept of English learning with the help of KTBS 1st PUC English Grammar Notes Correction of Sentences PDF. Refer your friends to and bookmark our website for instant updates. Also, keep in touch with us using the comment section.