Are you searching for the Karnataka 1st PUC English Chapter Wise Solutions PDF? Then, get your Karnataka 1st PUC Chapter Wise Solutions PDF for free on our website. Every concept of KTBS 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Verbs Questions and Answers, Notes, Summary PDF is explained clearly in an understandable way. Immediately start your learning by downloading Karnataka 1st PUC English Textbook Answers Reflections Workbook Answers Articulation Verbs PDF. Make sure to answer all the Karnataka 1st PUC Questions on your own then look for our explanations to make it more easy. We have included all the topics and subtopics to help students for better learning. Best learning comes when you practice with Karnataka Board Solutions for 1st PUC English Grammar.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Verbs
Time and Tense
A. I. Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate answer:
1st Puc English Workbook Answers Pdf Verbs Question 1.
Don’t make noise. You ________ me.
(a) is disturbing
(b) are disturbing
(c) was disturbing
(b) are disturbing
1st Puc English Workbook Answers Pdf Question 2.
My friend goes to the gym. He ______ to be fit.
(a) is wanting
(b) has wanted
Articulation English Workbook 1st Puc Answers Verbs Question 3.
Generally, they speak in Kannada. But now, they _______ in English.
(a) are speaking
(b) is speaking
(c) were speaking
(c) were speaking
Articulation English Workbook 1st Puc Question 4.
The sun in the east.
(a) is rising
(b) was rising
II. Complete the following conversation using the appropriate forms of the verbs given in brackets.
- Hari: My parents …….. (be/plan) to go to America.
- Anil: When they …….. (be/leave)?
- Hari: They ……..(leave) next month.
- Anil: Are you going with them?
- Hari: No, I can’t …….. (go) with them, because I …….. (have) a project to complete.
- Hari: My parents are planning to go to America.
- Anil: When are they leaving?
- Hari: They are leaving next month.
- Anil: Are you going with them?
- Hari: No, I can’t go with them, because I have a project to complete.
III. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. Salim Ali is an ecologist. He…….. (love) nature.
2. Flute is my father’s favourite musical instrument. He …….. (keep) listening to it all the time.
3. City life is very expensive. Even food items ……..(cost) a lot.
IV. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form of the verb given in brackets.
In the Indian tradition, offering prayers is common in many activities. A dancer ….1….. (offer) prayers asking forgiveness to the Earth goddess before she ….2….. (begin) the dance. Chefs offer a prayer to the stove before they ….3….. (cook) for certain religious functions. There ….4….. (be) rituals at various stages of building a house.
V. Complete the sentences using ‘for’, ‘since’ or ‘ago’.
1. I have been using this bike the ……. last ten years.
2. She spoke to him two years…….
3. He has been waiting ……. at 2 o’clock.
4. My friend has been working ……. hours.
5. They have been working in this office ……. 1990.
VI. Complete the sentences by using the past tense form of the verbs given in brackets.
1. My friend ……. (be + drive) when the accident took place.
2. The priest ……. (visit) my father last week.
3. They ……. (speak) to me about the incident a few hours ago.
- was driving
B. I. Write a paragraph using the information about John’s routine given below.
|01||Getting up||5 a.m.|
|02||Taking a morning walk||15 minutes|
|04||Taking bath||Around 7:30 a.m.|
|05||Having breakfast||Around 8:30 a.m.|
|06||Attending classes||10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|07||Watching T.V.||An hour|
|08||Helping parents||An hour|
|09||Studying||Up to 10 p.m.|
|10||Having dinner||After 10 p.m.|
|11||Visiting relatives||Once in a week|
|12||Watching movies with friends||Once in a month|
John gets up at 5 a.m. and takes a morning walk for 15 minutes. He studies for 2 hours before taking bath around 7-30 a.m. He has breakfast around 8-30 a.m. He attends classes from 10 a.m. to 4-30 p.m. After going home he watches T.V. for an hour. He helps his parents for an hour and studies up to lo p.m. He has his dinner after lo p.m. He visits his relatives once in a week and watches movies with friends once in a month.
II. With the above as a model, write a paragraph on your routine.
I get up at 6 a.m. and exercise for an hour. I bathe immediately after that and say my prayers for 15 minutes. Around 740 a.m. I have my breakfast and leave home by 8-00 a.m. as the college bus comes to pick me up at 8-15 a.m. I attend classes from 9-00 a.m. to 4-00 p.m. After going home I watch T.V. for about an hour. Then I play video games for about half an hour. Then I study up to 9-30 p.m. I have my dinner at 10 p.m.
III. Complete the following sentences with the verbs from the list.
(like. likes, go, goes, have, has, live, lives)
1. She _____many friends in the city.
2. My friend in London. So I there every year to meet him.
3. Many youngsters to the world in America.
4. He ______to the market every day.
5. She _____many types of fruits but she doesn’t_________ banana.
- lives, go
- likes, like.
IV. Vikas ( went to kuppali last month. Below is an extract of how he spent his time there.
Using this information, write a paragraph on his activities.
Kuppali yesterday at 8:30 pm – (stay) at the guest house – (get up) early in the morning – (ga) to Navilugudda. 30 minute drive – (watch) the sunrise – (be) a spectacular sight – (return) to Kuppali – (Visit) ‘Kavi Shyla’ – (pay) respect to the Samadhis of Kuvempu and Tejaswi – (take) photographs – some tourists from Mysore (have) arranged a campfire – (invite) me to join them – (join) the campfire – (have) a happy time with them – (be) a memorable trip.
Vikas reached Kuppali at 8-30 p.m. and stayed at the guest house. He got up early the next day to go to Navilugudda which was a 30-minute drive. He watched the sunrise there which was a spectacular sight. He returned to Kuppali and visited ‘Kavi Shyla’. He paid respect to the samadhis of Kuvempu and Tejaswi and took some photographs. Some tourists from Mysore had arranged a campfire. They invited Vikas to join them. Vikas had a happy time with them. It was a memorable trip for Vikas.
V. Complete the following paragraph choosing the correct form of the verbs given in brackets.
After hearing the Rt. Hon. Mr. Elephant’s conclusive evidence, the Commission …1… (call)
Mr. Hyena and other elders of the jungle, who all …2… (support) what Mr. Elephant …3… (say). They then called the man, who …4… (begin) to give his own account of the dispute. But the Commission …5… (cut) him short, saying: ‘My good man, please …6… (confine) yourself to relevant issues. We …7… (have) already …8… (hear) the circumstances from various unbiased sources; all we …9… (wish) you to tell us …10… (be) whether the undeveloped space in your hut …11… (be) occupied by anyone else before Mr. Elephant …12… (assume) his position.
- had said
- had been
VI. Complete the following sentences using simple past or past continuous forms of the verbs.
1. He ……….. (meet) his teacher while he ……….. (be/go) to the market.
2. When I ……….. (be) at home this evening, it ………..(rain).
3. Last month, my friend ……….. (be/stay) in Bangalore, and I ……….. (go) to see him.
4. Yesterday, he ……….. (forget) to call me as he ……….. (be/do) his homework.
5. Rajanna ……….. (be/work) in the office when Basavaraj ……….. (meet) him.
- met, was going
- was, was raining or rained
- was staying, went
- forgot, was doing
- was working, met.
Hope you love the Karnataka 1st PUC English Chapter Wise Material. Clearly understand the deep concept of English learning with the help of KTBS 1st PUC English Workbook Answers Articulation Verbs PDF. Refer your friends to and bookmark our website for instant updates. Also, keep in touch with us using the comment section.