Students can Download History Chapter 2 Geographical Features & Pre-Histroic India Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 8 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 8 Social Science History Chapter 2 Geographical Features & Pre-Historic India
Class 8 Social Science Geographical Features & Pre-Historic India Textual Questions and Answers
Geographical Features And Prehistoric India Question 1.
Complete the following sentences:
- Geographically, India is a ……..
- Signs of ashes have been found in the caves of ……..
- The tools of the middle Stone Age are called ………..
- Delicate Stone tools
II. Answer the following questions in brief
Geographical Features And Prehistoric India Questions And Answers Question 1.
Describe the geographical features of India briefly.
- India’s geographical features Comprise the Himalayan mountains, the Indo-Gangetic Plain in the North.
- The Deccan plateau and Coastal regions in the South.
- Bolan and Khyber passes North-Western sides.
- Eastern coastline is called the Coromandel Coast, Western Coastline is called Konkan and Malabar Coastline.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Science Question 2.
What are the valleys through which the attacks on India have been taken place?
The attacks have been mainly from the northwestern side through the valleys Bolan and Khyber pass and also through the Gilan passes of north-eastern side.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Question 3.
What is meant by the ‘Pre-historic’ Age?
The period of history we have.no support or evidence of written documents is called a pre-historic period. The history of this age can be understood through archaeological surveys and the weapons, utensils, and other implements that we have found of that age.
Geographical Features And Pre Historic India Question 4.
How did animals husbandry and dairying start?
About 12000 years ago because of the rise in temperature on earth led to the development of grasslands and animals. After the keen observation of old stone age man instead of hunting and eating some animals he caught them and nurtured them. This was the way in which animal husbandry and dairy farming began. Man began to domesticate these animals for food and leather in the beginning, then used those animals for agriculture purposes.
Geographical Features And Pre-Historic India Questions And Answers Question 5.
The different period of pre-historic has been given various names by archaeologists. What are they?
The archaeologists have given different names to pre-historic periods. They were:
- Old Stone Age: This once again divides as Early Old Stone Age, Middle Old Stone Age, and Late Old Stone Age.
- Middle Stone Age: They used deli-cate stone implements during this age.
- New Stone Age: People of this age sued grinding stones to grind leaves and herbs.
Class 8 Social Science Geographical Features & Pre-Historic India Additional Questions and Answers
I. Multiple choice questions:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Chapter 2 Question 1.
India Surrounded by water on three sides and land on the one side is
a. Sub Continent
d. Coastal region
Geographical Features And Prehistoric India Class 8 Question 2.
The Indian Coastline is vast and stretches over Kms
Geographical Features And Prehistoric India Notes Question 3.
The eastern Coastline is called the
a. Coromandel Coast
b. Malabar Coast
c. Konkan Coast
d. Cenara Coast
a. Coromandel Coast
Geographical Features And Prehistoric India 8th Standard Notes Question 4.
People have learned to weave cloth during
a. New Stone Age
b. Middle Stone Age
c. Old Stone Age
d. Late Stone Age
a. New Stone Age
II. Answer the following questions:
Geographical Features And Pre-Historic India Notes Question 1.
Which are the neighboring Countries of India?
Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh & Myanmar
Geographical Features And Pre-Historic India Class 8 Question 2.
Write the importance of Indo- Gangetic plains.
- Extremely fertile
- Indus valley and Vedic period
- Flourished here
- Many dynasties were established
Geographical Features Of India Class 8 Question 3.
“The Indian Coastline had the main role in Ancient times” how?
- Many ports attracted the Romans from time immemorial
- Foreign trade was carried on in those days only sea routes
- Rise of powerful kingdoms Ex. The Pandyas, The Cholas, etc.
Geographical Features And Prehistoric India Pdf Question 4.
Who are Archaeologists?
The Scholars who study the pre-historic period are called Archaeologists.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Science Chapter 2 Question 5.
Where did the Pre-Historic man live?
- They lived in the banks of rivers and lakes
- The relics of the hunting and food gathering humans are available in Bimbetka, Hunasagi, and Kurnool.
8th Std Social Science Notes Question 6.
Which were the main crops in the Pre-historic Age?
The grains and cereals like rice, Wheat and Barely
KSEEB Solutions For 8th Class Social Science Question 7.
Write the features of the ‘Middle Stone Age’?
- The period from 12000 years to around 10000 years
- The tools are very small and delicate stone tools
- They used those tools as axes and saws
- Old tools continued to be used
8th Standard Social Science Guide Question 8.
Write a note on knowledge of fire
- They reveal the knowledge and the use of fire by the people of the stone age
- Probably fire was used for the various purpose to cook food, for light, etc.