Students can Download Sociology Chapter 2 Culture Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 8 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 8 Social Science Sociology Chapter 2 Culture
Class 8 Social Science Culture Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill In The Blanks:
Culture 8th Standard Question 1.
Culture means ……………
Cultivate or Tend
Culture Lesson Question Answer Question 2.
Customs means ……………….. activities.
aspect of cultural
Culture Notes 8th Standard Question 3.
………………….. in Diversity found in India
Explain The Features Of Culture Class 8 Question 4.
……………………. relationship is found between culture & society
Explain The Features Of Fair Class 8 Question 5.
Culture is the ……………………… transfer of ideas from generation to generation
II. Answer The Following In A Sentence:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Science Sociology Chapter 2 Question 1.
What is culture?
- the word culture is derived from Latin word colere. colere means cultivate or tend in Latin
- culture means the transfer of knowledge experience, belief, value, behavior, hierarchy, relationship from generation to generation
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Chapter 2 Question 2.
Give examples of the cultural diversity present in your neighbourhood.
If we observe people in and around us, we can find varieties of people with varieties of dress, language, customs, behavior, religions, and practice, etc.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Science Chapter 2 Question 3.
Who divides culture into two groups?
In order to explain the unique features of culture, Ogburn divides culture into material and non-material culture.
Culture 8th Standard Notes Question 4.
What is material culture?
The culture is created by human beings by converting natural resources into man-made structures like a house, building, bridge, road, dam, machines, production centers, industries, computers technology & others.
Culture Lesson For Class 8 Question 5.
What is the non-material culture?
Non-material culture means human achievements, Tradition, belief, ritual and custom, Moral values, ideals, art, literature, religion language, and many others are examples of non-material culture and it undergoes slow change.
II. Answer the Following In 4 To 5 Sentences:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Question 1.
What is the custom? Give example.
Culture is made up of beliefs, values, rules, social conventions, and morals. These can collectively be called custom.
Ex Values enable us to determine what is good and bad in every culture.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Science Question 2.
Explain Culture diversity.
Culture is not uniform. Aspects of culture like customs, moral values, art, belief, language differ from Society to Society considerably.
In food habits, the difference is visible when compared to South Karnataka with North Karnataka. Not only this even people living in the same place tend to have different cultures, achieving unity in this diversity is important.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Social Question 3.
Which are the features of culture?
- Culture is abstract
- Culture is social
- Culture is learnt
- Culture meant co-existence
- Culture is continuous
- Culture is diverse
KSEEB Solutions Social Class 8 Question 4.
Culture and Society are 2 faces of the same coin How?
Culture makes human beings different from other animals. Social controls in a Society are based on cultural aspects. The social controls define human behavior. Every institution regulates the behavior of the individual through its cultural tools.
The social world of humans consists of various societies with numerous human relationships. form of circus. The people who participate belong to a different language, customs, and culture group. They all differ in their physical appearances too. But they assemble to celebrate. Fairs reinforce Social relationships. Various artisans display their skills here.
KSEEB Solutions Class 8 Social Question 5.
Explain the features of the fair.
- Fairs are the most important cultural ritual of rural societies.
- A fair is not only a religious expression it also functions as a temporary market for the neighboring villages.
- They are also the window for entertainment soon after harvest season.
- People participate in fairs irrespective of caste language etc.
- Many performance narrate the local versions of Ramayana and Mahabharatha.
- There are considered as the motivating aspects of social life.
- Language is another example of this cultural expression.
Class 8 Social Science Culture Additional Questions and Answers
I. Answer the following questions:
8th Class Social Science Notes Question 1.
Write the definitions of culture.
- According to E.B. Taylor. “Culture includes knowledge belief, art, traditions and any other capabilities earned by the human being as a member of society”.
- According to Malinowski “The tool created by human beings to design his aims of life is called culture”.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 8 Science Question 2.
“Culture is a treasure of knowledge” How?
- It provides the social and physical existence of human beings.
- Human beings have to utilize their learned knowledge in order to survive.
- Language is part of the culture.
- The future generation is guided by the present generation.
- Post knowledge is stored in the form of proverbs paintings folk songs passed on the next generation.
- The future generation forms its own culture and marches into the future.
II. Multiple Choice Questions
8th Standard Social Science Question Answer Question 1.
This is considered as the main aspect of social change ………….
KSEEB Solutions 8th Social Science Question 2.
“The tool created by a human being to design his aims of life is called as culture” this statement defined by …………..
Karnataka 8th Standard Social Science Notes Question 3.
It is not a feature of culture …………..
Culture is not continuous
Chapter 2 Culture Question 4.
Literature, Religion, Language are an example of this culture ……….