Students can Download EVS Chapter 8 Agriculture Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 5 EVS helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Board Class 5 EVS Chapter 8 Agriculture
Class 5 EVS Agriculture Text Book Questions and Answers
What is agriculture?
The practise of growing plants on a large scale for food or other purpose is called agriculture.
How many stages are there in agriculture? Write them in an order.
- Ploughing of field.
- Use of the fertilizers
- Sowing of seeds
- Irrigation of field
- Protection of crops
- Harvesting of crops.
How is crop rotation useful to farmers?
crop-rotation is important to keep the soil fertile.
What is a seed drill?
Sowing of seeds is usually done either manually or with the help of an instrument called seed drill.
Who introduced high yielding varieties of wheat in India?
What are crops?
The plants that are grown in large quantities in a particular area of region at a particular season.
What is ploughing?
The process of turning and loosening of the soil is called ploughing.
What are broadcasting of seeds?
Sowing of seeds by scattering over a large area is called broadcasting of seeds.
Look at the pictures given below. Read the statements given in front of the pictures. The pictures and statements do not match with each other. Match the pictures with the correct statements by drawing a line.
- Harvesting the crop either manually or with the help of machines.
- Supplementing the crop with organic or chemical fertilizers for proper growth of the crop.
- Protect the crop from animals, birds, insects and diseases.
- Proper Irrigation to get good crop.
- Ploughing the land to grow crops.
- Sowing the seeds to raise a crop.
It is process by which sufficient quantity of water is supplied to the crop and plants through canals, wells, tube wells and reservoirs.
What is pesticides?
A substance used for destroying insects or other organisms harmful to cultivated plants.
Define mixed Cropping? Give one example.
Cultivation of two or more crops on the same field at the same season is called mixed cropping.
Eg: Growing jower with toorda.
Which includes in harvesting of crops.
- Cutting and gathering of ripened crops.
- Processing such as drying, sorting cleaning and other tanks depending on the crop.
Class 5 EVS Agriculture Additional Questions and Answers
I. Multiple choice questions:
Cultivation of two or more crops on the same field in the same season is called
a. Crop rotation
b. Mixed cropping
b. Mixed cropping
Cultivation of two or more crops on the same field in different seasons is called
a. Mixed cropping
c. Crop rotation
c. Crop rotation
II. Fill in the blanks:
- M.S.Swaminathan is known as father of green revolution.
- 70% of the population is engaged in agriculture.
- Fertilizers are added to the soil to increase its fertility.
- April 22nd of every year is celebrated as earth day.
- Agriculture is the main occupation of people in India.
- People who work on farms are called Farmers.
III. Match the process of agriculture given in column ‘A’with the meaning given in column ‘B’.
5.Protection of crops
|a. Seed drill
b.Watering the field
c. Tuming and loosening the soil
d. Spraying of pesticides
e. Cutting and gathering the ripened crops
f. Increases the fertility of the soil.