Students can Download Social Science History Chapter 6 Christianity and Islam Period Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 6 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 6 Christianity and Islam
Class 6 Social Science Christianity and Islam Textbook Questions and Answers
Where was Jesus Christ born? Who was his mother?
Jesus Christ was born in Bethlehem, near Jerusalem, in Israel.
Which is the holy book of the Christians?
What are the main teachings of Jesus Christ?
Jesus preached “We ate the children of God” and “We are siblings” He urged to lead a pure life without committing sins. He asked people to “Love your neighbour as yourself and “when slapped on a cheek, show the other”, “service to mankind is service to God”.
Where was Prophet Muhammad born? Name the holy book of the Muslims.
Prophet Mohammed was born in Mecca in Arabia. The ‘Quaran’ is the holy book of Muslims.
What are the main teachings of Islam?
- There is no other God except Allah; Muhammad is his Prophet. God should not be worshipped in any idol form.
- Every Muslim should become a servant of God and be honest. All human beings are equal.
- Every Muslim should pray (namaz) five times a day facing the direction of Kaba, and last during the day time in the month of Ramzan. The rich should compulsorily give charity (zakat) to the poor. The Muslims should undertake pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj) at least once in their life.
Class 6 Social Science Christianity and Islam Additional Questions and Answers
I. Answer the following questions:
What does the bible narrate?
The Bible narrates the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
Why was Jesus Christ crucified?
Jesus Christ served the poor and downtrodden He was very compassionate. As the number of his followers grew, his enemies’ also increased. Jesus was accused as a trailor and crucified.
Which city became the centre of Christianity?
Who is the Supreme head of Christians?
Which are the well-known pilgrim centers of the Muslims?
Mecca and Kaaba.
What does ‘Islam’ means?
‘Islam’ means ‘Submission to God’.
What does ‘Muslim’ mean?
‘Muslim’ means ‘One who surrenders to God’.
When did the Muslim era or the Hijri era commence?
Muslim era or Hijri era commenced from the time when Prophet Mohammed more to Medina from Mecca.
II. Fill in the blanks:
- The founder of Christianity was _______.
- The holy book of Christians is the _______.
- Jesus Christ preached through _______.
- _______ is the centre of Christianity.
- The Supreme head of Christianity is the _______.
- The greatest institution of Christianity is the _______.
- _______ and _______ are the pilgrim centers of Muslims.
- The holy book of Muslims is the _______.
- Jesus Christ
- Roman Catholic Church
- Mecca and Kabha
III. Match the following:
|1. Allah||a. The month of fasting|
|2. Namaz||b. Birth place of Jesus Christ|
|3. Ramzan||c. Prayer|
|4. Bethlehem||d. Birth place of Prophet Mohammed|
|5. Mecca||e. The supreme God of Muslims|
|6. Prophet||f. Submission to God|
|7. Islam||g. One who preaches God message|