English Lesson 1 Healthy Life Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 English Karnataka State Board Solutions help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations. Practicing on a daily basis with Karnataka Class 7 English Solutions PDF will help to improve your English learning strength. Hence we suggest the students to Download Karnataka Class 7 English Chapter pdf to enhance your knowledge. The answers in this Karnataka Board Class 7 English Prose Chapter 6 Journey to the Top.
Karnataka State Board Class 7 English Prose Chapter 6 Journey to the Top
The Karnataka Board Solutions for Class 7 English are given in the pdf format in chapter-wise so that students can prepare in both online and offline modes. So, solve Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board Class 7 English Prose Chapter 6 Journey to the Top improve your grammar skills. You can learn directly online on our website or learn offline by downloading KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 English Chapter wise material. Save your time and read Karnataka Class 7 English Subject at your comfort level.
Journey to the Top Questions and Answers, Summary, Notes
Before You Read:
I. Listen to the text read by your teacher and identify the personali¬ties, Write their names in the space provided.
a. Saalumarada Thimmakka
b. Sudha Chandran
c. Kiran Bedi
d. Sania Mirza
Check your understanding:
C1. Answer each of the following questions in a word, a phrase or a 1 sentence as required.
Journey To The Top 7th Standard English Notes Question 1.
What amused the family of Bachendripal?
Bachendripal loved wandering in the snow dlad Garhwal Himalayas. She dreamit of flying in aeroplanes and meeting famous people and this always amused her family.
Journey To The Top 7th Class Question Answer Question 2.
Where was Bachendripal born?
Bacherdripal was born in 1945 at Nakuri, a small village in the Garhwal Himalayas in the present Uttarakhand.
Journey To The Top Question Answer Question 3.
Where did Bachendripal apply for her I Basic Mountaineering Course?
Bachendripal applied to the Nehru. Institute of Mountaineering (Uttarkashi) for the Basic Mountaineering Course.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 English Journey To The Top Question 4.
Who was Brig Gyan Singh?
Big Gyensingh was Bachedri’s Mentor. He was also the Director of the National Adventure Foundation (NAF). He came to Uttarkashi in February 1983 to run an adventure course for teachers at the NIM. He relected seven local, educated women including Baehendri for scholarship “Bhagrinathi Seven sisters adventure club”, was set up by him.
7th Standard English Journey To The Top Question Answer Question 5.
For what reason was the ‘Bhagirathi Seven Sisters Adventure Club’ established?
‘Bhagirathi seven sisters adventure club was a unique organization of girls and women to help other girls to find adventure. This scheme would take care of the monetary worries of trained girls and women.
7th Standard English Journey To The Top Question 6.
What was Bachendripal selected for?
Bachendripal was selected for the Indian Everest expedition in 1984. This was the first mixed expedition and its prime aim was to provide Indian women the opportunity to face the challenge of climbing Mt. Everest.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 English Chapter 6 Question 7.
what is the Nepali name for the highest peak in the world?
Sagannatha is the Nepali name for the highest peak, in the world.
Journey To The Top Question And Answer Question 8.
Which is the country’s highest sports award that was given to Bachendri?
The country’s highest sports award, the ‘Arjuna Award’ the highly coveted ‘Padmashree’ as well as the National Adventure Aware.
Journey To The Top Notes Question 9.
Name the autobiography of Bachendri Pal.
“Everest-My Journey to the Top” is the name of her autobiography.
V1. The following words are the meanings of the words that you have read. Find out the word from the text and fill in the blanks.
As a clue, the first letter of the word is given.
One is done for you.
After a period of time or delay (para. 1) eventually
1. The highest point, of a mountain (para. 7) summit.
2. An experienced and trusted adviser (para. 5) mentor.
3. A mass of snow and ice, tumbling rapidly down a mountain (para 7) avalanche
4. A personal account of one’s own life (para. 9) autobiography.
5. A journey or a voyage for a particular purpose especially exploration, scientific research or war (para. 6) expedition.
V2. Pick out the words from paragraph two which describes Bachendri Pal.
One is done for you.
- amused active, did well in her studies
- excelled in sports
- independent, fearless.
C2. Answer each of the following questions and compare your answers with your partner’s.
7th Standard Journey To The Top Question 1.
Describe the trade of Bachendri Pal’s father.
Bachendri Pal’s father was a border tradesman who would take wheat flour and rice from India to Tibet on muller, horses, and goats.
Journey To The Top 7th Standard Question 2.
Write about Bachendri’s love for adventure and the mountains.
- Bachendri loved wandering in the snow-clad Garhwal Himalayas.
- She dreamt of flying in aeroplanes and meeting famous people.
- She climbed, together with a group of 12-year-old classmates, 4000 m (13, 123 ft) knight during a picnic. As she could not come down before nightfall, she spent the night there without food or shelter along with others.
- Inspired by her love for the mountaineering she applied to the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering and she has judged the best student in the course and was marked down as “Everest Material”!
- Bachendri was selected for the Indian Everest Expedition in 1984.
- Bachendri Conquered the summit of Sagar matha at 1 : 07 p.m. It was a difficult climb of over 290 \28 ft (8848m)
Journey To The Top 7th Standard Lesson Question 3.
Why did Bachendri apply to NIM for a course?
NIM gave her a scholarship and it also helps poor students to use their mountaineering skills to make a living. It also reduced her parent’s financial burden.
7th English Journey To The Top Question 4.
Name the awards given to Bachendri Pal.
- The government of Indian Honoured her with the country’s highest sports award, the Arjuna Award.
- National Adventures Award.
- Yash Bharathi award by the state government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Gold medal by the Indian Mountaineering Foundation.
- An award from the Department of Education Uttar Pradesh State.
- Lifetime achievement award by Kolkata Sports Journalists Association.
Journey To The Top 7th Standard English Question 5.
As students what do we learn from Bachendri pal’s life?
The students should have a goal in their life. To achieve that goal, determination perseverance, hard work, and love are necessary. Students could learn these characters from Bachendri Pal’s life.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 English Question 6.
In which paragraphs do you find the following information about Bachendri Pal? Discuss
a. She was not only interested in mountaineering but also in education.
Her B.A. graduation thrilled her parents, who had wanted her to be the first girl in the village with a degree.
b. Her mountaineering excellence was recognized.
Bachendri was selected for the Indian Everest Expedition in 1984. This was the first mixed expedition and its prime aim was to provide Indian women the opportunity to face the challenge of climbing Mt.Everest. Till then, four women in the world had scaled the peak. The team comprised seven women and eleven men and this was Bachendri’s first real expedition.
c. Her greatest contribution to poor women with mountaineering skills. Bachendri, whose family was under economic pressure, became an instructor here and reduced their financial burden.
G2. Find out sentences from the text with relative pronouns.
G3. Read the following sentences.
- I do not distrust my faithful and loving friends.
- A teacher is always fair and impartial.
- An experiment is an unending quest.
The addition of a syllable at the beginning of a word is called a prefix. Prefixes like un, in, dis, im, etc., can be used.
G4. Add a prefix and make the word mean the opposite
W1. Choose an artist, dancer, sculptor, craftsman in your locality and collect the following information about them.
W2. Write down a few questions you would like to ask ‘Bachendri Pal’ if you would meet her.
7th Class English Journey To The Top Question Answer Question 1.
How did you get the desire of Mountain Climbing?
How did you get the desire of mountain climbing?
What is your inspiration?
What is your inspiration?
How did you achieve it?
How did you achieve it?
What is your advice to youngsters?
What is your advice to youngsters?
W3. Expand the abbreviation of the following and add two more of your choice:
One is done for you.
S.S.L.C = Secondary School leaving certificate.
1. B.A = Bachelor of Arts.
2. B.Ed = Bachelor of Education.
3. M.Sc = Master of Science.
4. M.Ed = Master of Education
5. B.B.M = Bachelor ofBusiness Management
W4. Make a list of the qualities you admire in your parents. Have you inherited them? If yes, write it in your notebooks.
W5. Discuss in groups: Add a few more awards given in our country other than the ones from the textbook.
1. Arjun award is a national award given to recognize excellence in sports.
2. Padmashree award: Padmashree is the fourth highest civilian award in the Republic of India after the Bharath Ratna, Padmavibhushan, and Padmabhshan. It is awarded to civilians of India to recognise their distinguished contribution in various spheres of activity.
3. Padmabhushan: It is awarded to recognize distinguished service of a high order to the nation in any field.
4. Paramaveers: It is India’s highest military decoration awarded for the highest degree of valour or self-sacrifice in the presence of the enemy.
5. Bharat Ratna: The official criteria for the award is to be conferred for the highest degrees of national service. This includes artistic, literary, and scientific achievements.
Journey to the Top Summary In English
This lesson was the experience of the first Indian Woman, to climb the top of Mount Everest. She was born in 1954 at Nakuri, a small village in the Garhwal Himalayas. Her father was a border tradesman who took wheat flour and rice from India to Tibet. From her childhood, she was rebellious and loved to wander in the snow-clad Himalayas. She dreamt of flying aeroplanes and amused her family. She was active and did well in studies as well as in sports. She climbed 4000 mts height during a picnic with her classmates. She had to spend the night without food or shelter This experience remained in her memory.
This incident increased her love for adventure. As a custom of Garhwal girls, she should leave the school and help in the house. At the age of 13. But she was determined to study and her parents allow ed her to finish high school. The Principal of her school persuaded her parents to send her to college. There she defeated both boys and girls in rifle shooting. She completed her B.A, M.A and B.Ed. Bachendri decided to apply NIM for the basic mountaineering.course.
She was Judged as the best student and marked as ‘Everest material! ’ She climbed the Gangotri, Rudugaira in an advanced camp. Her Mentor Brigadier Cyan Singh selected Bachendri for a scholarship. He set up “Bhagirathi seven sisters Adventure club” and it was a unique organization of girls and women to help other girls to find adventure. She was selected for the Indian Everest expedition in 1984.
The team comprised seven women and eleven men and it was Bachendri’s first real expedition. However she reached the peak on 23rd May 1984, She conquered the top of Sagarmatha (Nepali name) at 1.07 p.m. Her dream had come true.
She was honored the ‘Arjuna Award’ by Govt, of India, Padmashri, YashBharathi and a gold medal. She wrote her autobiography- “Everest- My Journey to the Top”. Now she was an employee of Tata Steel Adventure Foundation as Deputy Divisional Manager. Her life is the example of hard work and the will to succeed can raise one to greater heights.
Journey to the Top Summary In Kannada
Hope you love the Karnataka Class 7 English Chapter Wise Material. Clearly understand the deep concept of English learning with the help of KSEEB Class 7 English Chapter 6 Journey to the Top PDF. Refer your friends to and bookmark our website for instant updates. Also, keep in touch with us using the comment section.