Students can Download Social Science History Chapter 1 Vijayanagara Empire Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 1 Vijayanagara Empire
Class 7 Social Science Vijayanagara Empire Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- Military leader of Devaraya II who defeated Sri Lankan king and received tribute_______.
- Krishnadevaraya married Gajapathi Prataparudra’s daughter.
- In Vijayanagara kingdom Varaha was a ________ coin.
- Foreign traveler who said all religions co-existed peacefully in Vijayanagara kingdom was ________.
- Art and sculpture of Vijayanagara was ‘the evolutionary form of Dravidian style’. ________said this.
- Lakkanna Dandesha
- Percy Brown
II. Answer the following in one sentence:
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Question 1.
Who is the founder of the Vijayanagara kingdom?
Vijayanagar Kingdom was founded by Harihara and Bukka Raya sons of Sangama.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 Vijayanagara Empire Question 2.
Name the dynasties that ruled Vijayanagara?
Vijayanagar Empire was ruled by the four dynasties are Sangama Dynasty, saluva Dynasty, Tuluva Dynasty and Aravidu Dynasty.
Vijayanagara Empire Class 7 Question 3.
Name the famous king from Sangama dynasty?
Prauda Devaraya or Devaraya II (1426 – 1446) was the greatest among the Sangama rulers.
Class 7 Social Science Vijayanagara Empire Karnataka State Board Solutions Question 4.
Name the famous and greatest king of Vijayanagar kingdom?
Krishnadevaraya was the famous and greatest king of Vijayanagar kingdom.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Question 5.
When did the Rakka Thangadi war take place?
The Rakka Thangadi war took place on 23rd January of 1565 CE.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 Question 6.
Name the sources of income for the Vijayanagar kingdom?
During Vijayanagara kingdom land revenue was collected. It was major income and other sources of Income are trade tax, profession tax, road tax, fair tax, export tax and tributes.
7th Standard Social Science Notes Question 7.
Name the festivals celebrated in Vijayanagar kingdom?
Deepavali and Dasara festivals celebrated in Vijayanagar kingdom.
Vijayanagara Empire Question And Answer Question 8.
Name the main crops grown in Vijayanagar kingdom?
Rice, maize, sugarcane and cotton were the major crops.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Question 9.
Name the musical creations of Krishnadevaraya?
Krishnadevaraya wrote ‘Jambavati Kalyana’, ‘Madalasa Charitam’, ‘Rasamanjari’ and ‘Amuktamalyada’.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7th Social Science Question 10.
Name the foreigners who visited Vijayanagar?
Abdul Razak, Domingo Paes, Barbosa and Percy Brown were some of the foreigners who visited Vijayanagar.
Vijayanagara Empire Class 7 Notes Question 11.
Name the important temples from Vijayanagar kingdom?
The important temples from Vijayanagar kingdom are:
- Kalyana Mantapa of Virupaksha temple in Hampi.
- Hazara Ramaswamy temple
- Vittala Ramaswamy temple
- Krishnaswamy temple
- Kamala Mahal and
- Shrigeri’s Vidyashankar temple
III. Discuss and Answer:
Vijayanagar Empire Class 7 Notes Question 1.
Write a note on Krishnadevaraya’s conquests?
Krishna Devaraya was a brave king, intelligent soldier and diplomatic expert. He defeated his enemies and expanded his empire in south India.
- He seized the Sivanasamudra fort from Ummattur chief Ganga Raja in 1510CE.
- He acquired the Raichur fort under the occupation of Bijapur Adil Shahi Kings.
- In 1510, he helped the Portuguese to conquer Goa from Bijapur Sultan.
- In 1513, he conquered the Udayagiri fort.
- In 1518, he captured Cuttack, the capital of Ganapati Pratapa Rudra, a Kalinga king and married his daughter Jaganmohini.
- In 1522, he recaptured Raichur from Ismail Adil Khan.
- He captured Kalaburgi and Bidar forts.
He defeated Kasim Barid at Bidar and released the young Bahamani Prince and installed him on the throne.
Vijayanagar Empire Question And Answer Question 2.
Make a list of literary works from Vijayanagar period?
Sanskrit, Telugu and Kannada literature flourished during this period.
- Vidyaranya composed ‘Shankara Vijaya’ and ‘Sarvadarshan Sangraha’.
- His brother Sayanacharya wrote ‘Vedarthaprakasha’ and ‘Ayurveda Sudhanidhi’ etc.
- Gangadevi wrote’MadhuraVijayam’.
- Praudha Devaraya wrote a great drama called ‘Sudhanidhi’.
- Krishnadevaraya wrote ‘Jambavati Kalyana’, ‘Madalasa Charitham’ and ‘Rasamanjari’.
- Kumara Vyasa wrote ’Gadugina Bharatha’, Chamarasa ‘Prabhulingaleele’, ‘Ratnakaravami’ ‘Bharatesha Vaibhava’s Jaina work.
- ‘Shivatatwa Chintamani’ by Lakkanna Dandesha and ‘Basavapurana’ by Bheemakavi are the Veerashaiva Kannada works of this period.
- Haridasa literature developed due to the writings of Sripadaraya, Purandaradasa and Kanakadasa.
- Krishnadevaraya was a great poet. He composed ‘Amuktamalyada’ in Telugu.
- His court had great Telugu poets called the Ashta Diggajas, of them Allasani Peddana, Mukku Timmana, and Tenali Ramakrishna are famous.
IV. Match the following:
|2. Devaraya II||Madura Vijayam|
|3. Krishnadevraya||Vidhyashankar Devalaya|
- Madura Vijayam
- Vidhya Shankar Devalaya
Class 7 Social Science Vijayanagara Empire Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- Vijayanagara Empire was founded in 1336 A. D. on the southern bank of _______ river.
- _______of Bellary district was the capital of Vijayanagar.
- The national emblem of Vijayanagar kingdom was_______.
- _______ festival was celebrated under king’s patronage.
- _______ was the international business centre for diamonds.
- Boar (Varaha)
II. Match the following:
III Answer the following in one sentence:
KSEEB Solutions Class 7 Social Science Question 1.
Who was Gangadevi? Name the book written by her?
Gangadevi was king Kampana’s queen. She wrote a book called ‘Madhura Vijayam’.
Between whom was the Battle of Rakkasa Tangadi fought?
This battle was fought between the united army of Sultans and the army of the Vijayanagar under Rama Raya.
KSEEB 7th Social Science Solution Question 3.
What did the foreigner Percy Brown say about the art and sculpture of the Vijayanagar empire?
Percy Brown stated the art and sculpture of Vijayanagara was the evolutionary form of the ‘Dravidian style’.
Vijayanagara Empire 7th Standard Notes Question 4.
Which temple was called as Shaiva’s Ajanta?
Lepakshi temple was called as Shaiva’s Ajanta.
Vijayanagar Empire 7th Standard Question 5.
Name the poets who introduced Karnataka Music to common people?
Purandaradasa and Kanakadasa contributed a lot to kanataka music.
IV. Answer the following questions in Two or Three sentences each :
Vijayanagara Empire Question Answer Question 1.
To what extent did Harihara expand his kingdom?
Harihara extended his empire to Konkan coastal areas to the west, to Nellore and Kadapa to the east, to the Krishna river in the North and Kaveri river in the south.
Vijayanagara Empire Lesson Question 2.
Why did Deavaraya II re-organize his army?
- Devaraya – II strengthened his army to protect the borders, suppress the revolting subordinate rulers and to fight the northern neighbours, the Bahamani Sultans.
- He recruited Muslims into the army who were experts in archery and also in training war horses.
KSEEB Solutions 7th Standard Social Science Question 3.
How did the Persian ambassador who visited the court of Devaraya II praise his reign?
- He said that a rich city like Vijayanagar was seen by him for the first time.
- The city had seven forts and the emperor had lakhs of soldiers in his army.
7th Social Science Notes Question 4.
How did the rule of Devaraya II end?
- After the death of Devaray – II his son Mallikarjuna and Virupaksha III ruled Vijayanagar.
- As they were weak rulers, a strong commander Saluva Narasimha captured the capital.
V. Answer the following questions in Three to Four sentences each :
7th Standard Social Science Notes In English Question 1.
What were the conquests of Devaraya II
- Devaraya II defeated the Reddy’s of Kondavidu in Andhra.
- He faced the Bahamani Sultan Ahmed Shah and recaptured the forts of Mudgal, Raichur, and Bankapur.
- His commander Lakkanna defeated the kings of Kerala and Sri Lanka and collected treasure and tribute from them.
Class 7 Social Science Chapter 1 Vijayanagara Empire Question 2.
What were the causes of the battle of Rakkasa Tangradi?
- he Deccan Sultanates were attacking Vijayanagar often.
- To avenge, Rama Raya captured Vijayapura and Golkonda and this caused the war.
- The Sultanates were Jealous of the prosperity of the Vijaynagar Empire. So they united and fought against the Vijaynagar Empire.
Vijayanagara Empire Notes Question 3.
Describe the society under Vijayanagar rule?
- During Vijayanagar rule, child marriage, sati system and Devadasi systems were in practice.
- Women were respected and monogamy was in practice.
- Rich people and kings followed polygamy.
Vijayanagara Empire Class 7 Question Answer Question 4.
What are the contributions of Vijayanagar kings towards agriculture?
- Agriculture was the main occupation.
- Rice, maize, sugarcane and cotton crops were the major crops.
- Kings of Vijayanagar encouraged agriculture through building tanks and wells.
- They had trade links with other countries and rice, cotton, clothes, sugar, sandal, and spices were exported.
7th Standard Social Science Textbook Karnataka Question 5.
What are the contributions of Vijayanagar kings towards trade?
- Vijaynagar kings had trade links with other countries and exported iron, diamonds, musk, etc…
- Horse, silk clothes, mukhmal clothes, were imported.
- Cloth weaving was an important industry. Bhatkal, Honnavara, Mangalore were the important ports of the period.
- Vijayanagara was the international business centre for diamonds.
VI. Answer the following questions in Three to Four sentences each :
Capital Of Vijayanagara Empire Class 7 Question 1.
What are the achievements of Devaraya II?
- Prauda Devaraya had religious tolerance, built Jain and Vaishnava temples in the capital.
- He permitted to build Mosques also.
- Telugu poet Srinatha, Sanskrit Philosopher Dindima and Kannada poet and minister Lakkanna Dandesh adorned his court.
- The Veerashaiva religion saw its renaissance in his period.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 7 Social Science Part 2 Question 2.
What were the results of the Battle of Rakkasa Tangadi ?
- Rama Raya was killed in the battle.
- The Deccan sultans entered the capital and looted its wealth.
- Tirumala and Venkata sons of Rama Raya escaped from the war and ran away to Penukonda.
- Feudal chiefs of Mysuru, Keladi, Chitradurga, Yelahanka and Surapur became independent rulers.
KSEEB Social Solutions For Class 7 Question 3:
Describe the administration of the Vijayanagar kings?
- Vijayanagar had strong central administration.
- There were many ministers to assist the king and leaders of local provinces.
- The kingdom was divided into provinces, regions, cities and village groups.
- King’s representatives were managing the provinces and hereditary officers were managing village administration. The king was the supreme judiciary.
Vijayanagara Empire 7th Std Notes Question 4.
What is the contribution of Vijayanagar kings towards religious harmony?
Vijayanagar kings were great followers of religious tolerance
- They built a mosque in their capital.
- Bukka Raya advised the Saivas and Srivaishnavas to live in harmony.
- Devaraya II and his commander Lakkanna Dandesha encouraged Veerashaivism.
- The Saluvas and Tuluvas were followers of Sri Vaishnavism.
- The Muslims were recruited in the army.
- During the rule of Krishnadevaraya Christians, Jains, Muslims, and Hindus lived happily.
KSEEB Solutions Social Science Class 7 Question 5.
What are the main features of Vijayanagar architecture?
Vijayanagar architecture is the most developed example of a Dravidian style
- The temples of that period were built with strong granite rocks.
- Very spacious enclosures, high tower, very wide marriage halls, meeting halls, spring pavilions were the important features.
- The Virupaksha temple, Hazara Ramaswamy temple, Vittalswamy temple, Krishnaswamy temple, etc., are some important temples.
- Stone chariot, idols of Narasimha, and Ganapathi illustrate the monolith stone sculpture of the Vijayanagar reign.
- The temples at Kalahasti, Tirupathi, Srisailam, Srirangam, Chidambaram, Kumbhakonam, Kanchi have huge structures added to them
VII. Choose the correct option and fill in the blanks:
1. Vijayanagar an Empire was founded in_______ the year
2. _______ pacified the conflict between Jains and Vaishnavas.
a) Bukka Raya
a) Bukka Raya
3. Praudha was the greatest among the _______ rulers.
4. _______ visited the court of Devaraya II.
c) Abdul Razzas
c) Abdul Razzas
5. Kumara Vyasa wrote _______
a) Gadugina Bharatha
b) Prabhulinga Leele
c) Bharatesha Vaibhava
d) Shunya Sampadane
a) Gadugina Bharatha