Students can Download Social Science Civics Chapter 22 Constitutional Amendment Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science Civics Chapter 22 Constitutional Amendment
Class 7 Social Science Constitutional Amendment Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Discuss in groups and answer:
What is constitutional amendment?
Amendment is a minor change or an addition to a constitutional provision or other document.
What are the methods of amending the constitution?
Methods of constitutional Amendment.
- Amendment by simple Majority.
- Amendment by special majority.
- Amendment by special majority along with consent by half of the states.
What is simple majority amendment method?
Certain parts of the constitution can be amended by a simple majority through the general legislative process of the parliament and seek the consent for the amendment this process is called a simple majority amendment method.
What is the special majority amendment method?
Certain parts of the constitution can be amended by the special majority consent of the members of the parliament. The majority means two-third of members should accept. This is called a special majority amendment method.
Explain the third method of amending the constitution of India.
Certain parts of the constitution can be amended by a special majority along with consent from half of the states of India. This method is harder compared to other methods, By this methõd, the election of the president of India distribution of powers between the centres and states can be amended.
Class 7 Social Science Constitutional Amendment Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- The structure of the constitution can be decided on the basis of _______.
- The _______ of India is a combination of both rigid and flexible factors.
- Qualification necessary for the citizenship of India comes under the _______ method.
- Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and other factors come under the _______ method.
- Election of the president of India, distribution of powers between the centre a state can be amended by _______.
- Simple majority
- Special majority
- Amendment by special majority along with consent by half of the state’s method
II. Answer the following questions :
Why is the Amendment necessary to the constitution?
The provision of Amendment is made in the constitution for including certain changes in accordance with the changing society and situation.
Till 8th September 2016, how many times has the constitution been amended?
Our constitution has been amended 101 times till 2016.