Students can Download Economics Chapter 2 Rural Development Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Social Science Solutions help you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 2 Rural Development
Class 10 Social Science Rural Development Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with suitable answers:
Rural Development 10th Notes Question 1.
The true development of India is the development of its villages. This was told by ………….
Rural Development Notes Class 10 Question 2.
After the 73rd Amendment to the Constitution, …………… levels of panchayat institutions have come into existence.
Village, Taluk, and district.
Rural Development Class 10 Question 3.
Panchayat institutions operate under ……….. principles.
Rural Development Class 10 Notes Question 4.
The …………….. have been brought into existence in order to bring together poor rural women and make them financially independent.
Self-help groups of women.
II. Answer in a sentence each:
Rural Development KSEEB Question 1.
Explain the meaning of ‘Rural Development’.
Rural development refers to a process of economic and social upliftment of rural areas. It may be defined as the overall development of rural areas to improve the quality of life of rural people.
Rural Development Question And Answer Question 2.
What is meant by decentralization?
Providing administrative power and the responsibility of developing the village to people themselves is called decentralization.
Development Class 10 Notes KSEEB Question 3.
Name the three levels of panchayat raj institutions.
- Village Panchayat.
- Taluk Panchayat
- District Panchayat
These are the three levels of Panchayat Raj institutions.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Rural Development Question 4.
Mention any two housing programs.
Housing programmes like
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Ambedkar – Valmiki Housing programme 1.
- Ashraya Yojana etc are also implemented to provide shelter to the shelterless people.
III. Answer the following questions in five to six sentences each:
Rural Development Notes KSEEB Question 1.
How is the economic situation in the rural areas of India?
- The rural areas are scenes of deprivation and backwardness as nearly one-third of rural population lives in abject poverty.
- The development of programmes and plans have failed to improve the socio-economic conditions of rural areas.
- The rural industries which were already declined.
- With agriculture being non-remunerative and employment not being regular.
- Rural people continued to migrate to cities.
- The rural people who depend mainly in agriculture.
- Though 60% of the people work in the primary sector.
- The contribution from this sector to the national income is very less, and is declining over the years.
- Due to this, the gap between urban and rural areas is widening.
Rural Development Class 10 Notes KSEEB Question 2.
Explain briefly the significance of rural development.
Rural development consists of a broad set of activities including improvement of literacy, health, infrastructure, land reforms and irrigation, apart from taking specific measures for ameliorating the conditions of the disadvantaged people in the rural areas. Hence, if we are to make a list of activities that are essential for rural development, then they are as follows:
- Development of human resources including:
- literacy, especially, female literacy, education and skill development,
- health, addressing both sanitation and public health;
- Land reforms,
- Development of the productive resources of each locality,
- Infrastructure development like electricity, irrigation, credit, marketing, transport facilities including construction of village roads and feeder roads, facilities for agriculture research and extension, and information dissemination; and
- Specific programs of alleviation of poverty
Development Class 10 KSEEB Solutions Question 3.
Explain. Gandhiji’s concept of ‘grama swarqjya’ in the light of decentralization.
- Providing administrative power and the responsibility of developing the village to people themselves is called decentralization.
- It is a process through which power-sharing occurs and people participate in decision making.
- It is also a process that aims at planning and development from below.
- This process was called “Grama Swarajya” by Mahatma Gandhi.
- Decentralization reduces various kinds of exploitation, upholds human independence and dignity, and nurtured human values like compassion and co-operation.
Rural Development Questions And Answers Question 4.
What is the role of Panchayat raj institutions in rural development?
- Panchayat raj institutions play key role in enabling hte rural people to participate in rural development.
- They are responsible for implementing various schemes related to poverty alleviation and livelihood security.
- They provide the rural community with basic facilities of roads, drains, drinking water, street lights, toilets, school and hospital buildings, market-yards etc.
- Through the encouragement of primary and middle school education, adult education, technical and vocational training.
- Expansion of health and hygiene facilities, panchayats have also attempted to develop human resources.
- All developmental schemes are decided in the gram sabha itself,
- Programmes like “Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme’ [MGNREGS] for a generation of employment and alleviation of poverty can be implemented effectively through panchayat institutions.
- Housing programmes like “Pradhana Mantri Awas Yojana’, “Ambedkar-Valmiki Housing Programme’, ‘Ashraya Yojana’ etc
- The public distribution system in villages is strengthened and poor people are provided with essential food grains.
- Social welfare programmes
- All the self-help groups of women can be brought together, and proper encouragement.
- Social and cultural activities can be encouraged through the celebration of village fairs and festivals.
- Employment opportunities
- Rural and cottage industries can be improved.
Class 10 Social Science Rural Development Additional Questions and Answers
Mention Any Two Housing Programmes Class 10 Question 1.
In 2011 census report …………….. of the population lived in villages.
Development Notes Class 10 KSEEB Question 2.
A process that aims at planning and development from below (village) was called as ……………….. by Mahatma
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Question 3.
Karnataka has ……………… Zilla Panchayats.
10th Social Science Notes Pdf Question 4.
Providing administrative power and the responsibility of developing the village to people themselves is called ……………..
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Science Development Question 5.
…………………. institutions play a key role in enabling the rural people, to participate in rural development.
Multiple Choice Questions
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Question 1.
“Development of villages is the true development of India,” said by
a. Mahatma Gandhiji
b. Dr. Abdul Kalam
c. Jawaharlal Nehru
d. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
a. Mahatma Gandhiji
KSEEB Solutions Class 10 Social Science Question 2.
The gap between urban and rural area is widening because
a. 70% of the people work in agriculture.
b. Poverty has increased
c. Agriculture is a gamble with the monsoon.
d. 60% of the people work in agriculture and low income
d. 60% of the people work in agriculture and low income.
KSEEB Class 10 Social Solutions Question 3.
Decentralization is avoided this problem
a. To reduce exploitaiton
b. To create co-operation
c. Uphold human dignity
d. All the above point
d. All the above point
Three Mark Questions
Rural Development Class 11 Questions And Answers Question 1.
What are the present conditions of rural areas in India?
- Nearly 1/3% of people are in backwardness
- The development programmes and plans have failed to improve
- The rural industries were already declined.
- Heavy competition from modern industries.
- Agriculture is being non-remuneration and employment not being regular.
- Migration is increasing.
- Liberalization and Globalization are affected in a rural area.
- Effect of urbanization
- Poverty and unemployment
- National income is very less from agriculture.
- Increasing the gap between rural and urban areas.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10th Kannada Question 2.
What is the role of women in Rural Development?
- A significant number of women are working informing. Cattle rearing, fishers, silk rearing, horticulture, etc
- Women form the majority among agriculture workers too.
- Educated women are playing a prominent role in population control.
- They have an important roll in political fields from gram panchayat to the position of a president.
- The government provided reservations for women in the panchayat raj system.
- They handle political powers and work towards rural development.
- In Karnataka, 50% of reservation is given to women for women development.