Students can Download Political Science Chapter 1 The Problems of India and their Solutions Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB SSLC Class 10 Social Science Solutions helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 10 Social Science Political Science Chapter 1 The Problems of India and their Solutions
Class 10 Social Science The Problems of India and their Solutions Textual Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks with appropriate answers :
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Question 1.
The people who develop a deep passion for the place they live is called……………..
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Notes Question 2.
The formation of language-based regions took place in …………………
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Question 3.
In Karnataka, ……………… institution is in existence to curb corruption.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Notes Question 4.
As per the census of 2011, the population of India is ……………..
II. Discuss in groups and answer the following :
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Questions And Answers Question 1.
How is communalism fatal to national unity? Explain.
- It creates social differences, mutual suspicion and fear situation in the society.
- Political competition, social groupism and economic hatefulness is expressed in communalism.
- Communalism has the capacity to endanger the integrity and unity of India.
- It not only disturbs the peace of the society it also destroys the public and private property.
- It leads to mutual accusations, and physical assaults and other undesirable effects.
- Communalism puts self interest ahead of national interest.
- ‘The communal forces make attempts to increase their communal forces in the country.
- They attempt to preach their religion and also tend to be suspicious of other religion.
- This affects the unity of the nation.
- As a result, the country has to spend lot of energy to maintain internal peace and order.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Pdf Question 2.
How does regionalism affect national development? Discuss.
One of the serious problems that India is facing is regionalism. A strong feeling of people in favour of the local area in which they live is called regionalism. It helps the people to take initiative for all-round progress of the local areas. But the extreme regionalism harms national unity and interest. Locally centred emotional attachment is an obstacle to overall national growth. If extreme regionalism among the states is allowed to continue it will cause serious disputes among states. It leads to the unhealthy development of the country.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Notes Pdf Question 3.
What are your suggestions to improve the status of women?
- The government has started women and child development department in order to develop women’s education and status.
- Through various measures taken, the government seeks to improve the status, health and education of the women.
- Many programmes have been implemented to curb child marriage system dowry prohibition act.
- Compulsory education are implemented as a means of empowering women.
- The government of Karnataka has implemented the ’Shree Shakti’ programme through which self help groups of women are formed and postered as the means of social progress.
- Women’s commissions have been established at national and state level to address the various issues of women.
- Women reservation has already been provided at local bodies.
- Women reservation is also provided in government recruitments.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Question And Answers Question 4.
What are the measures needed for the eradication of unemployment?
In order to solve the poverty-related issues, both the central and state governments have taken various measures to generate employment for people. Steps have been taken to improve the skill level of the job seekers so that they can have better access to employment, providing loans and subsidy to enable people to engage in self-employment. In reality, handicrafts and products created out of self-employment are unable, to compete with goods created by the globalized economy and this has further complicated the issue of unemployment.
Hence, the solution is to inculcate world-class skills to our people so that they compete with globalized production. Apart from this, every citizen of the country should be encouraged to indulge in one or the other employment by providing job oriented course to all, is another strategy to think on.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Notes Pdf Question 5.
What are the measures undertaken for the removal of regional imbalances?
In Karnataka, in order to address the regional imbalances, a committee headed by D.M. Nanjundappa has given a special report on various measures needed to solve the regional imbalance in 2001. Some of the most backward regions of Karnataka have been accorded special status by adding article 371 (J).
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Ppt Question 6.
What are the effects of terrorism?
- Terrorism based on political ideologies, religious faiths and ideological beliefs creates a lot loss for the individuals as well as communities.
- Moreover, terrorism creates psychological pain and influences cultural aspects negatively.
- Terrorism is nothing but fulfilling its narrow end by creating panic and violence.
- It feeds on fear of the people. ‘
- These are organized crimes purported by organized group of people.
- Such activities are called anti-national and anti social acts.
- Bombing of world trade centre of USA bomb attacks on Bali of Indonesia.
- Bombing various cities of France, Britain, and other countries are the reason for worries at international level.
- The terrorism is based on extreme religious sentiments, separatism, racialism of leftist ideals.
The Problem Of India And Their Solutions Notes Question 7.
What are the measures taken to curb terrorism?
Our central and state governments have taken at most care to stop terrorism. They have always strived to protect the property and life of ordinary people. They have even created special elite forces to tackle these terrorists. India has been peace loving country and has undertaken many initiatives to stop terrorism.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Information Question 8.
What is Corporate Strategy? Write about its present status.
- A group administrative measure undertaken by a company to achieve premeditated target is called corporate strategy.
- The corporate strategies has been the biggest challenge in front of Indian society since the beginning of 21 st century.
- The present day corporate strategies are using globalised environment and modern technologies.
- The main aim of these strategies maximizing the profits of the company.
- This affects the people, the society and a country negatively.
- Often, the corporate strategies influence the decisions of the governments also.
- On the positive side, the same corporate companies can be employed to alleviate social problems like poverty, malnutrition health, skill training and many other aspects of society through corporate social responsibility programmes.
Class 10 Social Science The Problems of India and their Solutions Additional Questions and Answers
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Extra Questions Question 1.
Population and improved technology are considered as the two reasons for …………..
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Solutions Question 2
………….. is another social evil in the public life of India.
KSEEB Solutions For Class 10 Social Question 3.
Corruption influences the ……………. life of a county.
Economic, Social and Political.
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions Class 10 Pdf Question 4.
Lack of ……………. and …………….. leads to corruption.
strict supervision, weak legal enforcement
The Problems Of India And Their Solutions 10th Notes Question 5.
Government has reserved …………….. of the seats in local elections.
KSEEB Solutions Class 10 Social Science Question 6.
Some of the most backward regions of Karnataka have been accorded special status by adding article ……………..
KSEEB Solutions 10th Social Science Question 7.
The government of Karnataka has implemented ………………. program through which self-help groups of women are formed and fostered as the means of social progress.
Social Problems 10th Notes Question 8.
Terrorism can be called as …………….
10th Social Science Question Answer In Kannada Question 9.
Terrorists work with their own ………………..
network of intelligence.
KSEEB Sslc Social Notes Question 10.
Indian society can channelize……………… in favour of society.
II. Multiple Choice Questions
10th Social Science Notes Pdf Question 1.
According to the census of 2011, poverty is
KSEEB Social Science Solutions Question 2.
“By installing CCTV cameras in government institutions because to avoid
Social differences and mutual suspicion are created by
d. Status of women
Karnataka government has given 50% reservation for women because of
a. To provide employment opportunity
b. To provide reservation local bodies
c. To end the discrimination between genders
d. To avoid discrimination
c. to end of the discrimination between genders
The terrorist attack on Taj Hotel in Mumbai on
a. Nov 26, 2006
b. Sep 26, 2008
c. Sep 26, 2007
d. Nov 26, 2007
d. Nov 26, 2007
The solutions for problems of India is
a) Good administration
b) Social reformations
c) Good judiciary
d) All of the above
d) All of the above
This is a suitable measure to avoid corruption
a) Legal measures
b) Political measure
c) Strong public ethics
d) Installing CCTV cameras
c) Strong public ethics
Backward regions of Karnataka have been accorded special status by article.
a) 371 (A)
b) 371 (F)
c) 371 (G)
d) 371 (J)
On November 26th 2007, terroists attacked on
c) Taj hotel
c) Taj hotel
III. One Mark Question:
What is unemployment?
A situation where a person does not find work in accordance with his capacity or qualification.
Which corruption leads to crime?
Which efforts are need to avoid corruption?
In nutshell co-ordinated efforts are needed to address this burning social problem.
What is meant by communalism?
Segregation in the name of religion and creating hatred and cultivating opposite self interests can be called as communalism.
Why Karnataka government started Stree Shakti programme?
To start self help groups of women and fostered as the means of social progress.
What is meant by corporate strategy?
A group of administrative measure under taken by a company to achieve a premeditated target is called corporate strategy.
IV. Two Marks Questions
Mention the causes for unemployment
- Improved technology
- Shortage of natural resources
- Over dependency of agriculture
- Ruined cottage industries
- Ruined cottage industry
- Lack of skill-based education
Write a note on political corruption
- Political corruption leads to crime
- It provides motivation of corruption in public life.
- Nourishes the mis-administration on the part of officials
- Illegal hoarding, smuggling, economic offence etc.
Which are the measures are taken by government to control communaiism?
- Uniform civil code
- Equality among all the citizens
- Supporting secular values
- Transcending narrow thoughts in favour of national interests
- Develop healthy national thoughts.
How does regionalism affect national development? Discuss
Regionalism has posed a big challenge to national development.
- Some regions of the country have achieved a lot of progress while many parts have remained backward.
- To certain reasonable limits, regionalism is considered tolerable. But the extreme regionalism harms national unity and interests.
- if extreme regionalism among the states is allowed to continue, it will cause serious interstate border disputes, river water disputes etc.